Thursday 13 October 2016

A few last touches

Portrait

Thanks to the crit i used the original drawing and just changed the figure.


My first issue was wether or not to have a gouache or digital flat backdrop. I felt the paint helped the image, I guess I preffered the hand made aesthetic for this. When showing this difference to others, there seemed to be an even split on what people preferred, which made using my own preference the more viable option. One thing that was mentioned when i displayed the image to others was that "you aren't planning on keeping Stalin like that are you?" In truth i was, but everybody present agreed that it needed some rendering.


So I did so and came to agree with the masses. The first image was created using cut out sections of scanned, pencilled in paper, but this looked digital and a bit naff, so I just re drew the form and rendered analogue, I like it and with that have the first outcome.

Portrait



So again because of the crit i un-inverted the torso faces and yes, its much better. With that I felt the background really didnt fit, although i dont think I ever did honestly. I decided I would try putting a gouache background to this and darkening the colour from the original red, but it just sat perfectly instantly, it just clicked and suddenly the image was a finished outcome!

Landscape



Not much to talk about with this one, I knew from the get go that all I would do is fill the pig and edit the line work to be white. I opted to again use the gouache for the fill to really cement the trio as a colletion.

No comments:

Post a Comment