Sunday 15 January 2017

Conclusions: The back page





I got straight on to drawing the hobo, I had roughed the image up enough during editorial that I knew what I wanted the fella to generally look like. I also knew I wanted the Flattie to be featured, and thought it would be fun to have him popping out from the newspaper. With this I had two versions of the image, one where the Flattie censors the penis with a big exclamation mark sign, and another where he doesn't do that, and the genitals are in full view. The first design as a whole struck me as being better, which was agreed by anybody I showed both images to. I personally feel its a combination of the flatties facial expression being more interesting, and the sign centring the image as a focal point.



I had a mess around with the colour, coming to the conclusion that the dark background would be better, trying to link him with the previous fireplace scene, sat in the darkness. Then an all pink uniform and board was decided upon, it feels like a nice entry point for the eye with the colour, centring on the face of the flattie, which then thanks to the hat and exclamation point, leads up to the hobo's goofy mug. And thats another finished page, almost completed the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment