Tuesday 17 January 2017

Making components

Much like the shapes for the animatic, these images will be thrown about using after effects, I just have to be more considerate about their movements now for the final product, like the movements in the unsatisfying series.

                   
                        
These three pretty much encapsulate the type of imagery I will be using. Firstly theres Orwell from his sleeping pan at the start. For the animation Im going to give him the halftone pattern this time, If I was to gave him the old hobo crosshatching, I would have resorted to jumping out a window with all the effort, especially in the real animation heavy sections. 


This time the flattie has the printed look. I used the above lino prints for reference, including rough lines within the face, like sections that have remained raised in a lino cut. The reason I went to this length, of creating the lines digitally, is again because I simply wouldnt have the time to cut and print all the separate frames. Same issue new window.


Finally theres the text, made to mimic the cover text of the book. I think this may be the only use of the text in the sting, but anything could happen, I may switch things up.



In order to achieve the texture of the flatties filled in section though, I used the rolled house image from the lino print induction. It proved to be the far more interesting of all my print textures. It just needed a little switch up in colour. I've decided to go for red because, I kind of feel like it links it back to the original editorials. Thematically, the animation is the book all over, so I thought it would be nice to bring all the elements of this unit together, full circle sort of.


The only thing that hasn't been covered here is the music, but rest assured that Is sorted, just put a little guitar melody, whistle and garage band drum beat together and I'm sorted. We'll have a look at that when we get to the video itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment