Sunday 15 January 2017

The final outcome cont..

So there we have it, weeks of work have come together and a book is made. Is it perfect, absolutely not, but I'm regardless, still proud of it. My issues kind of spread through the book, with the most glaring being that the farmer section got two spreads, which was technically three images. Everything else was contained to one spread of artwork, so coming to this section, just plain feels weird in comparison to the rest of the book. The fire scene still has me torn, In hindsight I feel I maybe should have screen printed the page, but Im unsure of wether that would have helped anything, the annoyance of having to set print stuff up would have probably worsened my feelings towards it. I did have someone point that page out as their favourite though, so I guess it's not an ugly image. Speaking of others input, during crits and just general looks, a lot of positive responses, with most having different favoured images in the book. This was a nice surprise, and I guess is a byproduct of switching things up with each image. On top of this, there have been a few recommendations to print pages out as individual prints on a larger scale, which yeah, Id love to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment