Saturday 14 January 2017

The last of the double page spreads


It's been a long journey, but the end is in sight, I wanted to end this rollercoaster with a peaceful scene shared by orwell, ginger and a few other homeless fellas. This comes from the final entries of Orwells hop picking diary, when orwell and Ginger finally make it to the hop farm, and are put in a hut with other workers whilst they work on the farm. I started thinking about these pages back when I started the prostitution spread, I knew the positioning of the characters and illustration of the environment  would need some consideration, so got on it early.

 Feeling like I could actually move on, i finally drew the hobos in their crosshatch way, all separated so that could mess with their scale and position in the next digital stage. I opted again to have rather normal proportions, this is a calm, relaxed scene. No deed for limbs flailing about all over the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment