Sunday 25 February 2018

Post cop presentation

So cop has finished, and working on/ researching comics for so long has given me a bit of food for thought. This essentially was the driving force behind my presentation where I’m currently having a shift in my priorities as an illustrator.

Comics seem to be in a smidge of a rut, a lot of them are visually similar (not all of them mind) and I’d quite like to hone my craft to stand out if I am to work in the industry. With this I have decided that I’m going to work on my eye for design and composition, whilst practicing work on scenes and environments. Design seems like a no-brainer, page layout and use of text are integral parts to most comics, but never receive special care. The speech bubble is somewhat of an eye sore to me, slapped upon the illustrations. A necessary evil I understand, but I want to find ways of implementing them playfully, or as typographic elements. The scenes are to work upon a shortcoming of mine, and also has been spurred by the work of a specific artist, which I will cover in a later post.


No comments:

Post a Comment