Tuesday 11 October 2016

Final set of roughs


Portrait


Moving on from the second crit, I had a pretty certain idea on which images I would be working on from here on out, the only image I was somewhat conflicted on was the portrait. This was between the table of tea cups and the Stalin transforming images. Although the Stalin image would fit with the other ideas tonally and thematically. The tea idea did get a lot of love though, but as i previously mentioned, a conversation with Ben caused me to decide to stick to the Stalin images, and possibly save this for a later part of this unit.



With a clear direction, I jumped straight on to the portrait form, feeling that I had less of a clear path in my mind for this one, and wasn't quite confident that it would work. The setup was simple enough, scan my transforming pig drawings, add some darker shading and line work to make for clearer portraits. This left me a lot of time to mess with colours, levels, effects etc, but I still feel I am yet to come close to the right outcome. These images still feel rough and unprofessional if that makes sense. Hopefully something will pop up in a crit and help me with this issue. 

Landscape

So when I first created the Stalin riding a crushed horse image, I created it to fit the square frame. This means the image naturally looks quite squished when scaled to fit the frame.



With this I decided t5o make three variations, having a pig that utilises and fits the frame of the image far better, the main thing I wish to know about this image is wether or not the horse looks better flatter, or breaking through the floor. I didn't feel the need top mess with colour, I know this image will be quite simple with the use of colour and I know for certain I want my additional colour to be red.

Square


My final image, I'm really thrown on what angle and how much of the head I should show, the input from the crit will really determine how this image will look in its final stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment