Thursday 17 November 2016

Responsive briefs crit


So the briefs I have currently selected are:

- The Macmillan Prize
-Penguin, To Kill a Mockingbird cover design
-3 Secret seven tracks (Furthered when the brief's release)
- The occasional Illustration Friday entry

During the crit, a few Issues were raised regarding the rationale. Starting with the Macmillan childrens book, with my usual output not necessarily being child friendly, but I feel this is possibly more of a good thing, making me work with new themes and broaden my range. On top of this, Im quite adamant to work from a self created story for this,which is a really time consuming option and clearly raised some concerns. Ill see how I feel about this when I further my initial brain storm on story and plot points. The only reason I really want to work on this is because I want to create stories in the future, Ideally Id like to Illustrate my own comics, and this would be a nice stepping stone.

Alongside this, I will work on one of the penguin briefs, but this is also risky, as I want to create a book cover that takes the sequel/ prequel in to consideration, how the character of Atticus was changed, this will be an odd one to work with and definitely requires a lot more research on my part, so more on that one later.

As the last option I wish to work with the secret seven brief, because I like the music, appreciate the freedom of the brief, but most importantly it just seems like a lot of fun. I may also throw in a few Illustration Friday entries.

As for technical considerations, I feel like making some prints for the penguin brief and secret 7, messing with overlay colour. For the children's book a more pen and ink approach, possibly using watercolour with that.

Finally with time considerations, I clearly have given myself a lot to work on just the children's book alone, never mind considering the other briefs. But this Is something I really think will help in the long run if I do continue to pursue it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment