Thursday 20 October 2016

Competition brief choices

Now that the briefs for this years D&AD competition are up and running, I thought Id pick a selection from them.



I decided on the MUBI brief as I feel i could use my filmic knowledge to create an engaging outcome, and the area they are trying to improve (helping to shorten film search times and freshen the movie selection monthly) is something that interests me as someone with a love of film. Some ideas arise initially, creating imagery that compares people who used their time to search for films, and those who had the extra time to become the archetypes of the films, on top of the world (figuratively, not literally).


 Fur for animals would be interesting , certainly considering the years worth of campaigns already created for the cause. I could see this one to be incredibly difficult to stand out with, and would be difficult not to recycle ideas, but such challenges are at the heart of being a creative. In order to create suitable work for this brief, i would have to do my research, have any claims be water tight and hard hitting when working with my imagery.


I use adobe products a lot and feel like this could be incredibly useful for this task. Its also quite an interesting concept, having to communicate messages to help or entice those who are new or yet to start using the adobe products. A concept or two come to mind to start, such as a person using one of the programmes to add colour to line work, or have an idea animated and brought to life thanks to the creative cloud.

No comments:

Post a Comment