Friday 30 December 2016

All over the place in responsive

So I've had a lot of fannying around trying to decide what briefs to follow, its been difficult, balancing reward and enjoyability of the tasks. The main problem being that none of the rewards for Illustrative briefs really are grabbing me, and for the briefs that had aspects of enjoyability to them, mainly narrative based briefs, leave me kind of uncomfortable. See I do have aspirations to make comics at some point, but feel weird about my ideas being shared in this way. The Macmillan prize would allow me to keep my ideas to work on later, but the brief is for a children's book, i have no interest in making a children's book, and would mainly be a waste of time, having work I'd feel no need to share, and a watered down version of a story to suit a younger audience. As for briefs actually geared towards comics, they all just seem to be an act of giving away your work, and frankly bugger that.

Thankfully, after trying to decide which would be a less of a waste of time, Steven came along and reminded me about self initiated briefs, thank god. With this I could create a comic myself, for an upcoming comic fair/ event. Sorted.

No comments:

Post a Comment