Friday 30 December 2016

Further aspirations for the comic

So getting to grips with how i should organise the brief, and I came to the conclusion that I should have a section that concentrates on character and world design. As I know that the comic is a sci fi setting, its going to take a lot of consideration to build this world, how the architecture differs from ours, the clothing that the characters wear, vehicles, creatures etc... And then upon finishing that, the comic itself. So with that finally decided upon, i found another goal for the comic, Image comics.




So Image comics is an independent publisher, that outputs creator owned comics, meaning the creators of the comics retain all copyright to the ideas and characters etc, the company publishes the work. Going to thought bubble I met two people publishing their work through Image. Im really glad this happened, see I've been a fan of Images output for a while, I wasn't really aware of the company itself, I just knew I liked their comics. So finding these two guys was a bit of a revelation, as they told me they got to publish their work by showing their portfolio to an image rep at a previous thought bubble event. Two things were sparked in my mind, I need to really start considering getting stalls at comic events, and also to look at how to go about submitting work to image.




It was the creators of this comic (Caspar Wijngaard & Dan Waters) that led me on to this, So i am incrediby greatful for their willingness to talk at the event. 

No comments:

Post a Comment