Saturday 14 January 2017

Farmhouse spread


I alluded to these pages when I had my lino print induction, cutting the house itself and realising that I had to change the design for the outcome. This mainly meant that that aspect of the design was covered, so all i needed to do was supply the characters. 

So this scene was also somewhat covered in my editorial ideas, where a drew Orwell and his friend stealing from a farm, after being denied work by the farmer. This will be the pages portraying them asking for the work. The editorial idea will stay though, being the next spread.

I started on the farmer, making a more traditional drawing in terms of my own style. This just seemed totally inappropriate when thinking back to my previous characters, leading me to think of a different appearance for this character. I really wanted there to be a mono type character, but the flattie and hobo's had their decided aesthetic. This was that opportunity, and would totally work out seen as two of the images will consist of him looking angry. I felt the flattie should also have a role in this image, seen as it was a law that stopped the farmer from letting orwell and his friend work for him, therefore he leans over the house, pulling the farmers strings.



The fatties design was simple enough, I feel like I've got a set method for illustrating these characters now, I only really had to check myself when drawing his arms, momentarily forgetting that the stretchier and weirder the better. 


Made a little refined version of the head with a red background for instagram, thus concluding my work on these pages until i get to the print room and make the farmer and his home.

No comments:

Post a Comment