Thursday 12 January 2017

Print work

I was naturally a bit anxious about jumping back in to screen printing, It had been a while. Now things didn't go perfectly, in fact there were a lot of errors, but this totally worked in my favour. As can be seen in the issu book, there is clear blotching and mismatching of layers in almost every outcome, but they all lead me to really come to a conclusion on the tone of my book, I want things to be rough, I want the word to spring to mind when looking at it to be "grungy", the imagery looks better for the errors.


These two images are for sure the most interesting of the bunch to me. The head really strikes me as being an interesting image, but I cant really see it going with the text. This is a bit of an issue considering that i wont have one without the other. The image itself would have no context and pretty much would just exist if I included it in the book, so this one will be shelved, as there is a good chance that I will have a change of heart. The policeman page has more hope of becoming, or influencing a the finalised outcome, I feel the mismatching all over will be overkill, but the line work duplicated has real potential. I don't think I can really describe as to why, but I feel the character becomes far more intimidating, imposing. Theres an unease that comes from this addition.

No comments:

Post a Comment