Tuesday 25 April 2017

Film society poster 2: No Country For Old Men

For this next poster its a film that's a real favourite of mine, No Country For Old Men. I had a really tight schedule for this one and knew i wouldnt be able to give it the attention it deserved, meaning I really rushed through this one. I had a concept, and that was that, I jumped on to it due to the time constraint. Theres this scene that aways comes to mind, a killer (Havier, the stories antagonist) is strangling an officer, and pulls the goofiest god damn face. Totally kills the tension of the scene, but I love it.


I just really wanted to draw this, pure and simple, and possible within the time limit. I wished to do something a little extra though, feeling that this alone would make for an awkward composition. This led me to create caricatures of the two protagonists also, giving the full spectrum of who to expect in the film.



Im happy with the outcome, but it could be improved quite easily, the limited colour palette leaves the image feeling quite drab (for my liking anyhoo) had I more time, I would certainly played more with the colour usage. Also, I'm not entirely sure concentrating on the lone goofy aspect of the film really sells the film in the right light, it couldn't be tonally further from the dire feeling the film emits.So yeah, an ok outcome really.

No comments:

Post a Comment