Tuesday 25 April 2017

Film society poster: The iron giant

Couldn't have been happier to jump in to this brief, i really love this film.  I needed to keep my shortcoming of the last poster in mind though, so really wanted to go for a fun/ joyful tone, showing the friendship between the boy and robot. I also wish to showcase the drastic scale difference between the two.


These two themes where what I worked with in my roughs, deciding that a scene from the film really illustrated this idea, and could be switched up to be used for a poster. In the film, the giant rotates around with a car in his hand, that has the boy sat in the driver seat playing some sort of pilot. I wanted to clearly show both characters in the scene, so thought it best to take the car away.



Much happier with this one, there is one slight issue in hindsight, I should have possibly tried a different colour for the text, as against the orange backdrop it could be a little too close colour wise. But outside that, the characters seem to be having some fun, making the poster a success in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment