Monday 5 March 2018

Japan zine: reflections on process

I did something somewhat out of character, having finished the above pages of the zine, I came to the conclusion that they weren't good enough and started over again. I started with an old habit, trying to force a clearly failing image into working, but its time to change that. If I am going to improve and address the issues with my work, I need to be able to throw away projects and start again for a better result. This is essentially what happened with my Mt fuji and shaded area pieces (especially the fuji work).



To improve the shade scene specifically, I had to use point perspective. This is a skill I've never really honed, due to the extra effort it takes to achieve it. i always understood the benefits of accuracy that come alongside it, so thankfully pro create made the process that bit easier, having a perspective guide system in place and grid line brushes. I feel this time lapse of one of my pages (a Japanese market) showcases the use of this method most out of all my current works.




No comments:

Post a Comment