Friday 23 February 2018

Evaluation: Thoughts after competitions


So feeling particularly disillusioned with my time on competitions and live briefs, making work that isn’t suitable for my portfolio, it’s time to make my own briefs, tailored to my desires and to address some glaring shortcomings I see in my own work. This I feel is more in line with the purpose of 603, to build my body of work and portfolio. 

I’ve recently been troubled with some self doubt about my work, feeling that it isn’t up to scratch and inhibiting my goals as an illustrator. It is clear that I need to re create my statement of intent to address these issues. I also feel some research is required firstly, to come to terms with what it is I want my work to be. What I can hone to make my work more visually engaging.

No comments:

Post a Comment