Thursday 12 January 2017

Dot dot dot... Halftone revelations

Time for another induction, and this time halftones. I began by using something familiar on a supplied van gogh painting.


To do this, I run the image through a halftone filter, which works great with detailed fully coloured imagery, but not so much with simple shading. So whilst this looks excellent for my project, i needed something else that works with a more lo fi starting point.


This is when thankfully, Kyle came along to tell me about the pixelate, halftone, method, and boy is it magic. Its actually slightly annoying, as its perfect for my imagery, but something that I've wanted the ability to do for years, I obviously should have been more thorough with my research. 


This is a little step by step of the method, what I started with, shading wise, and then the resulting imagery. Fantastic, cant wait to implement this in my artwork and illustrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment